|2||Ice Cream Man|
|4||Little Trip To Heaven (On The Wings Of Your Love)|
|6||Old Shoes (& Picture Postcards)|
|10||I Hope That I Don't Fall In Love With You|
- Arranged By [String Quartet] – Jerry Yester (tracks: B5)
- Bass – Arni Egilsson (tracks: B6), Bill Plummer (tracks: A1 to A5, B1, B3, B4)
- Celesta – Tom Waits (tracks: B3)
- Cello – Jesse Ehrlich (tracks: B6)
- Design – Cal Schenkel
- Drums – John Seiter (tracks: A1, A3 to A5, B1, B3, B4)
- Engineer – Ritchie Moore
- Guitar – Peter Klimes (tracks: A1, A3, A5, B3, B4), Shep Cooke (tracks: A4), Tom Waits (tracks: A2, A4)
- Guitar [6 String] – Peter Klimes (tracks: B1), Shep Cooke (tracks: A2)
- Harmonium – Tom Waits (tracks: A2)
- Harpsichord – Tom Waits (tracks: A6)
- Management – Herb Cohen
- Pedal Steel Guitar – Peter Klimes (tracks: B1)
- Photography By – Ed Caraeff
- Piano – Tom Waits (tracks: A1, A3, A5, A6, B1 to B6)
- Producer – Jerry Yester
- Trumpet – Delbert Bennett (tracks: A3, A5, B4), Tony Terran (tracks: B6)
- Vocals – John Seiter (tracks: A1, B1), Shep Cooke (tracks: A4), Tom Waits (tracks: A1 to A6, B1 toB5)
- Written-By – Tom Waits
This version with PR label suffix.
The original 1973 pressings have the white Asylum label with the wooden cage logo. This label design was introduced in 1972 and used until the end of 1973.
The subsequent pressings have the blue clouds label. These were used throughout the 70s. The WEA logo was added in 1975. 80s pressings come with the black and orange labels.
Lyrics are printed on inner sleeve.
First US Album Release.
- Matrix / Runout (A Label Matrix): ST-AS-732731 PR
- Matrix / Runout (B Label Matrix): ST-AS-732732 PR
- Record Company – Elektra/Asylum/Nonesuch Records
- Copyright (c) – Elektra/Asylum/Nonesuch Records
- Published By – Fifth Floor Music, Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Asylum Records
- Produced For – Third Story Productions
- Recorded At – Sunset Sound
- Mixed At – Wally Heider Recording Studio, Los Angeles
- Manufactured By – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Pressed By – Presswell
Closing Time is the debut album by American singer-songwriter Tom Waits, released in March 1973 on Asylum Records. Produced and arranged by former Lovin' Spoonful member Jerry Yester, Closing Time was the first of seven of Waits' major releases by Asylum. The album is noted for being predominantly folk influenced although Waits intended for Closing Time to be a jazz, piano-led album. Upon release, the album was mildly successful in the United States, although it did not chart and received little. Closing Time - Tom Waits. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей коллекцией. Closing Time. Tom Waits. Ol' '55 02. I Hope That I Don't Fall In Love With You 03. It starts with a sunrise, it ends with one star shining, and in between Closing Time contains an honest year's worth 1973, to be exact of sweet, melodic, vintage Tom Waits-minus some of the vocal growl and thematic grit of his later stuff but you can see it coming. Waltzes, lullabies, blues, jazz, you name it. Closing Time Remastered by Tom Waits, released 09 March 2018 1. Ol' 55 2. I Hope That I Don't Fall In Love With You 3. Virginia Avenue 4. Old Shoes & Picture Postcards 5. Midnight Lullaby 6. Martha 7. Rosie 8. Lonely 9. Ice Cream Man 10. Grapefruit Moon 12. Closing Time Closing Time foreshadows the distinctly lyrical storytelling and original blending of jazz, blues and folk styles that would come to be associated with Waits. It is on this debut album that Waits performs enduring classics of his career Ol 55 famously covered by the Eagles, the heartbreaking Martha and the gentle acoustic folk of I Hope That I Dont Fall In Love With You. Tom Waits - Closing Time 1973. To favorites 14 Download album. Listen album. Jazz Blues Folk. Songs in album Tom Waits - Closing Time 1973. Tom Waits - Ol' '55. Tom Waits - I Hope That I Don't Fall In Love With You. Tom Waits - Virginia Avenue. Tom Waits - Old Shoes & Picture Postcards. Tom Waits - Midnight Lullaby. Tom Waits - Martha. Tom Waits - Rosie. Tom Wa. Closing Time quietly announces the arrival of a talented songwriter whose self-consciousness, wry barroom humor, and solitary melancholy made him a standout from virtually all of his peers, and difficult to pigeonhole. Track Listing. Ol' 55. I Hope That I Don't Fall in Love with You. Virginia Avenue. Released March 6, 1973. Closing Time Tracklist. Ol' 55 Waits - Lonely lyrics 3:13. Tom Waits - Martha album version 4:32. Tom Waits - Rosie Closing Time 4:04. Ice Cream Man - Tom Waits Closing Time 3:09. Tom Waits - Little Trip to Heaven 3:39. Tom Waits - Grapefruit Moon 4:51. Tom waits - Closing Time 4:37. Listen Zur Liste hinzufügen. Tom Waits had one of the wildest trajectories of any rock artist in the 1970s-or possibly ever. A regular presence in San Diegos coffeehouse folk scene in the late 1960s, he was living out of his car when Herb Cohen, the manager for the Mothers of Invention and Linda Ronstadt, discovered him and helped to secure a record deal with the fledgling Asylum Records
- Tom Waits - Hope That I Don't Fall In Love With You
- Tom Waits - No Visitors After Midnight
- In Love With Time - The Time Tunnel Of Love
- Tony Bennett With Count Basie And His Orchestra - In Person!
- Eddie Cantor - We're Having A Baby / Now's The Time To Fall In Love
- Buddy Sheppard And The Holidays - Time To Dream / My Love Is Real
- Love Committee - Heaven Only Knows / Am I Wasting Time
- m-flo - Love Song
- Big City Lover - Omnivore
- Bette Boothe - Teardrop Avenue / Right On Time